Volunteering Opportunities with The Children & Young People’s CommissionerPosted on December 13, 2018
ProjectScotland is delighted to work in partnership with The Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland to promote this unique opportunity. There are several volunteer places available. Please apply by emailing Emma.Hanlon@projectscotland.co.uk
First things first. Who is the Children and Young People’s Commissioner in Scotland?
The Children and Young People’s Commissioner is Bruce Adamson and he and his team work as fierce champions of the rights of everyone under 18 (or up to 21 if they are care experienced). We work to make sure that laws that affect their lives are fair, and challenge those in power. We strive to be caring and kind, but be brave when standing up for rights. We put the views of children and young people at the heart of everything we do.
Volunteering Opportunities with The Children and Young People’s Commissioner
Are you aged 16-18? Would you like to develop your skills for future employment? Would you like to work in a creative, busy and interesting environment, to promote and protect the human rights of children and young people? If so, then we would love to welcome you as a young volunteer with us.
We are looking for passionate, committed, volunteers who are willing to learn from us as a team, but who will also share their knowledge and experience of being a young person in Scotland.
We will give you lots of opportunities to learn new skills in different areas of our work. Some of these might include:
* digital media – including developing our website
* communications – sharing information about what we do with others in Scotland
* strategy – planning what we should work on and meeting with people who make decisions about children and young people
* budgeting – looking at how the Commissioner spends his money, and what gets priority
* front line – working directly with children and young people all over Scotland
You will have the chance to be involved in planning large events, give your views on how we can give information and advice to children and young people about their rights, support young people who defend rights, take part in meetings, learn how to use Office software packages and much more.
Am I a match?
* Opportunities open to young people aged 16-18 (or up to 21 if care experienced)
* Positions will be based in Edinburgh
* The placement will last 3-6 months, with a 3 month review carried out to establish whether the volunteer wishes to end or extend the placement
* You will be fully supported by a ProjectScotland mentor and Youth Engagement Manager
* Volunteers will also be offered support to undertake an SQA accredited award and given a personal reference by the Commissioner
ProjectScotland is delighted to work in partnership with the Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland to promote this unique opportunity. Please apply by emailing Emma.Hanlon@projectscotland.co.uk
Emma is happy to help with all enquiries relating to this opportunity
The Children and Young People’s Commissioner is Bruce Adamson and he works with a team of people to promote and protect the human rights of:
* everyone in Scotland under 18
* everyone in Scotland under 21 who has care experience
For more info see www.cypcs.org.uk or Twitter: @cypcs
ProjectScotland helps young people in Scotland to get on in life through volunteering. Since 2005, they have supported people aged 16-30 to develop the confidence and skills to move into employment, training or education.
Youth Engagement Manager
ProjectScotland M. 07833250410
HQ: 0131 281 7364
Hayweight House, Lauriston Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DQ
www.projectscotland.co.uk fb: /ProjectScotland tw: @ProjectScotland