By using the Site you consent to the collection/retention and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information That We Collect From You
We collect information about you:
- when you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc) by submitting an enquiry or by applying for a placement via the Site;
- when you respond to surveys which we ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Use Of Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the Site;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
Disclosure Of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you. In addition, in relation to applications for Volunteer Placements we will require to disclose your information to prospective partner organisations.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
A “cookie” is a piece of software that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about the configuration of your computer.
We use this information to monitor our users’ browsing actions and patterns, however, the information does not identify any individual.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, you may be unable to use certain parts of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may amend this policy from time to time.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information then please contact us:
T: 0131 226 0700