Do your own thang
If there isn’t anything that tickles your fundraising fancy on our events list then you can still support us by organising your own event. We’ll help you with all the ideas, advice and tools that you’ll need to make your event a success, just let us know what you’re thinking about doing below and we’ll be in touch with a fundraising pack. Here are a few suggestions:
|give up lobster for a year|
|Chocolate is so last year.|
|run a marathon|
|but do it backwards.|
|Swim 365 lengths of the pool|
|one for every magical day of the year.|
|shave your head|
|it'll grow back. Unless, of course, you didn't have any hair in the first place. Maybe try something else then.|
|wear a wig at work day|
|this could combine neatly with 'Shave your head' thus doubling your fundraising efforts.|
|count the peas in the jar|
|make sure there's more than ten to begin with.|
|ride your bike|
|pedal power can rack up the pennies.|
|The longer you stay shtum the more cash in our coffers.|
- What type of event is it? When and where is it and what’s your budget?
- Tell everyone. Contact your local radio station or harness the power of social media #telleveryone #proudtobeafundraiser.
- Think about how your event will raise money either through ticket sales, raffle, food sales or doing something out of the ordinary.
- Don’t forget to plan the running of the day and remember to say thank you to everyone afterwards.
- Stay safe. Follow our legal Health & Safety guidelines.
- Read our helpful Fundraising FAQ’s
To download our helpful Fundraising Guide, please enter your name and email address: